Wonder Works is a child-sized world, designed to stimulate the unique and natural learning abilities of young children, encouraging them to explore freely while using their imaginations to discover and learn. With experiences professionally designed to stimulate creative play, an explore at your own pace Field Trip program and affordable pricing, Wonder Works is the best place in Oak Park for early childhood outings.
Wonder Works offers all field trips unlimited access to the museum for up to three hours, welcoming groups with as few as 10 children to as large as 100 children. Wonder Works accepts field trips from all learning institutions and nonprofit groups. Wonder Works offers both private access to the museum or non-private access for smaller groups.
Wonder Works schedules field trips based on number of children attending. Please select the number of children in your group in the links to the right.
Scheduling Your Trip
- Wonder Works was designed and is intended for children from 0 to 8 years of age.
- Must be scheduled in advance.
- Field Trips may be held any day of the week except Friday, anytime of day.
- Lunchroom is sometimes used for other activities; please check availability when scheduling your group.
- Can be scheduled over the phone, by email, mail or fax.
- No deposit is required to schedule.
- Payment is due day of, but may be made previous to trip.
- Wonder Works reserves the right to schedule multiple trips at the same time.
- Field Trip is charged for attending children, not for scheduled children.
- Field Trips may be a maximum of two hours long, or three hours long with Lunch room.
- Field Trips may be scheduled by educational or nonprofit organizations only.
When you arrive at Wonder Works
- Parking for cars and vans is available in rear of building, on Elmwood ave north of the alley, or North Ave (metered).
- Bus parking is limited and is available on Elmwood next to Wonder Works.
- Entrance is in the rear of building.
- A coat room is available upon entering Wonder Works.
- Sign in at desk upon entering - payment is due at this time. Wonder Works will accept cash, business/personal checks and Visa, Master Card, Discover or American Express for payment.
- A brief orientation will be given by museum team members at the beginning of your visit.
Amenities and Responsibilities
- Attending adults are responsible for all members of the Field Trip.
- Refrigerator/freezer and microwave are available for use.
- Wonder Works offers no food, so all food must be brought in or delivered, please remember that Wonder Works is a peanut free facility.
- Maximum seating in the snack room is 20 children.
- Optional guest passes available for students on field trip ($2 / set of 4)
To reserve your field trip, fill out the Field Trip Reservation Form.