Second Annual Uncork Illinois
Saturday, June 1, 2013
1 pm to 9 pm
Downtown Oak Park and Wonder Works Children's Museum invite you to attend Uncork Illinois. This will be the second-year for our wine tasting festival, and will include 15 wineries and over 150 wine selections from all over the state, as well as live jazz music selected by premiere local station WDCB. This will be a green event that promotes local products and services. Based on last year's event, Uncork Illinois plans to attract 2,500+ visitors from all over Illinois.
Admission is $20 at the gate (cash only) and includes a free souvenir glass and 7 tastings (while supplies last). Additional tasting tickets may be purchased for $1.00. In addition to tastings, vineyards will sell wines by the glass or bottle. All proceeds from the event will benefit the Wonder Works Children's Museum in Oak Park, a 501(c)3 organization. Wonder Works has been developing creativity and imagination in young children for over 10 years.
Upon entering the event on Marion Street, participants will receive a souvenir wine glass and tasting tickets. Participants then have their choice of a wide selection of locally grown wine, with additional tasting tickets available to purchase.
Early Bird Rate (Until Noon on May 31): $15 per person
At the Gate: $20 (if available)
- The event is located in Downtown Oak Park on Marion Street between Lake Street and North Boulevard. Check in tents will be located at each end of Marion Street.
- Advance ticket purchase is available until Friday, May 31 at noon via PayPal or by calling 708.383.4815. Wonder Works will mail tickets purchased by Saturday, May 25 to the address provided. Tickets purchased on or after Saturday, May 25 will be held at Will Call at the south gate at Marion and North Boulevard.
- Participants are encouraged to use public transportation, if possible. (Metra and CTA Green Line are located at Marion and North Boulevard. A number of PACE buses pass through Oak Park.) If you drive, designated drivers are highly encouraged.
- Limited street parking is available in downtown oak park. For village parking lot information click here.
- Check-in for the event will open at 1 pm and continue until 8:30 pm. Please note that your ticket will be exchanged for your wine glass and 7 tasting tickets, so do not misplace it and bring it with you. Also, a driver's license or state ID will be required to prove your age whether you are 21 or 99. Having your ticket entitles you to arrive at any time during the day and you may come and go as you please.
- Oak Park has a number of excellent restaurants to fit every budget. Ticket holders are welcome to take their wine to local restaurants to enjoy the cuisine. A list of Downtown Oak Park eateries can be found here.
- All ticket sales are final - no refunds.
- Event will be held rain or shine.
- You must be 21 years of age or older to consume alcohol. A valid, state issued ID will be required at check-in.
- Event organizers encourage all participants to drink responsibly.